How it Works
GO Program participation may vary by Utility. To learn what programs your utility has to offer, please click on their logo in the right column.
The Prescriptive GO Program is designed to expedite the processing and installation of typical energy efficiency opportunities in commercial, industrial and non-residential buildings. Incentives are offered to promote the installation of premium efficiency equipment and offset the incremental cost of such equipment over standard replacements. Currently the program offers incentives for:
Click here to view a list of program knowledgeable contractors
5 Easy Steps to receive your GO Incentive:
- Equipment must be new and installed in a non-residential building located in a participating Massachusetts Municipal Utility Territory.
- Installation completed, or to be completed, within current program year (see application for program year dates). Applications must be received within the current program year to qualify for incentives.
- Only the exact product types and minimum efficiency levels listed in this form are eligible for prescriptive incentives. Click to watch:
- Design Lights Consortium(DLC) & Energy Star Overview
- How to search DLC
- How to search Energy Star
- Before you purchase and install the equipment, send the following to the GO Program in order to receive a"pre-approved incentive" letter:
- Your application with all requested information filled in.
- Manufacturer's technical specification sheets ("cut sheets") for each type of eligible equipment purchased.
- A copy of your most recent electric bill
- After you have purchased and installed the qualified equipment, return the following to the GO Program:
- A signed copy of your "pre-approved incentive" letter.
- A copy of your invoice showing the date and place of purchase and model/part numbers of the equipment installed.
- Invoices must be submitted within 60 days of invoice date.
Custom ProgramsThe Custom Retrofit GO Program will be administered through a controlled process whereby customers submit an application to be enrolled into the program. Once the application is received, our team will work with the customer and their preferred contractors to fully define work scopes for the recommended projects including a cost effectiveness evaluation based on estimated annual energy savings. Incentives available through the program are based on the energy savings estimated to result from project implementation. It is the responsibility of the customer to implement the measures of their choosing, at which time a post installation inspection will be conducted prior to issuing the incentive.
- Customer/Vendor Proposed Project - for customers with a specific project in mind
- Custom Project - for customers with general interests in energy efficiency opportunities
NOTE: The illustration above is a high-level overview, there may be additional steps required depending on the size and/or complexity of a project.